How to make the Perfect Body Lotion in 6 Easy Steps!
Let me start off by saying, this lotion is pure G O L D. It's not crazy oily! It's not super thick! It is a PERFECT consistency! I'm going to tell you a step by step process on how I made THE BEST lotion! There are obviously tons of different brands you could use in place of these products. I will just be sharing what I used and why! Just so you know, if you don't like something, shake it up a bit! Do what works best for you!
- Ingredients -
- 1/4 cup wax pastilles
- 1/4 cup Carrier oil (Avocado oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil)
- 1 + 1/4 cup hot water
- 30 drops of Essential Oils
Step 1. - Melt Wax Pastillles
- Microwave 1/4 cup of Wax Pastilles for about 1 minute-1 minute and 30 seconds or just until they are melted!
- These wax pastilles are non-GMO, non-toxic, refined vegetable oils! So I mean, c'mon!
Step 2. - Add Your Carrier Oil
- Add 1/4 cup of Almond Oil (Or whatever carrier oil you choose) to your melted wax pastilles. Mix in really well. l had to transfer mine to a bigger bowl to fit all my ingredients, but if you have a bigger microwavable dish, I would just stick with that!
Step 3. - Add Your Hot Water
- I use hot water from my faucet. It doesn't have to be boiling, just get it pretty toasty!
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART!!!
- The second the hot water hits your mixture, it immediately goes white! The whole thing! "Bill Nye The Science Guy, BILL BILL BILL..." Gettin' all hyped because science actually is cool!!
Step 4 + 5. Pour Into Container(s) + Add Your Essential Oils!!!
- Add 30-40 drops of essential oils!!
- I prefer to make a few different essential oil blends when I make this recipe, so I like to pour my essential oils into each individual container. You don't have to add the oils in last. I just can't commit to only ONE scent, you know?!
- I chose to use Valor + Peace and Calming. Um, yes, please. If you haven't tried these, what are you waiting for?? I have a STOCK of these at my house(no joke). THE BEST DUO!!!
Shake really well or it will be clumpy!
I am an essential oil snob. I won't use any other brand but my OG Young Living. I have been using Young Living Essential Oils for about 4 years now. And-CANT-STOP-WON'T-STOP! I did my research, and this is it, guys. The big kahuna. haha just kidding. (kind of)
- But on a side note, any essential oils will do, just please NOT grocery store bought. Like, hi. That 4-ounce bottle of frankincense for $17 is NOT pure frankincense. Just be careful, your skin will be breathing this in.
6. Place In The Fridge
- Let your lotions sit in the fridge for about 2 hours to cool. They don't have to stay in the fridge after that. You can store it in your bathroom or purse orrrr keep it in the fridge if you like cold lotion! It keeps its consistency regardless.
Tip: Find scrapbook paper you like and make cute toppers for your mason jars. This is a super fun way to customize your lotions!
- Trace the lid for a perfect fit!
These make the CUTEST gifts! You can get little jars at the dollar spot in Target as well! Super freakin darling + totally affordable!!! <3
I got this base recipe from Nikki!! She posted a video on her Facebook! And it's basically the best thing ever <3 So Thanks, homegirl!
Let me know what you think!!! (: I would love to see if you make these! Or something inspired by these! definitely, tag me!!(: